30-Minute Pick-up Window
Passengers need to be ready for the bus at the designated pick-up
time given by the dispatcher. The bus will pick up riders up to
15 minutes before the pick-up time and up to 15 minutes after the
designated pick-up time. For example, if the pick-up time is 1:00
p.m., the bus will be scheduled to arrive between 12:45 p.m. and
1:15 p.m. This 30-minute “window” allows for delays
in traffic and other pick-ups and drop-offs.
Bus Wait Time
It is important to be ready for the bus at the beginning of the
30-minute window. When the bus arrives during the 30-minute window,
the driver will wait three minutes. After waiting three minutes,
the driver will document the passenger as a no-show and then leave to continue the route.
No Show Policy
A “no-show” is ...
Not being at the designated pick-up point during the 30-minute window.
Not riding after the bus shows up for a pick-up within the 30-minute
Not canceling a scheduled pick-up time.
Failure to board the bus within three minutes of the arrival of
the bus with in the 30-minute window.
Passengers who no-show on the outgoing portion of the trip will
have the return trip as well as any other portions of that trip
automatically canceled. The passenger must call in to dispatch if
the return ride is still needed.
Passengers who accumulate two documented no-shows within a 30-day
period will receive a warning letter from the CCT office. The letter will allow passengers an opportunity to appeal
any of the no-shows listed to the CCT Systems Resource Committee. Riders may appeal any no-show by writing a letter
providing all pertinent information regarding the disputed no-show(s)
within five working days to:
Central Community Transit
P.O. Box 186 • 1320 22nd Street SW
Willmar, MN 56201
Within five working days of the CCT Bus’s receipt of their written appeal, passengers
will receive a written notice from the CCT Systems resource Committee of the results.
Passengers will be suspended from CCT service if they accumulate a third no-show within
30 days of the receipt of the warning letter, if there is not an
appeal in process or the appeal has been denied. The suspension
will be effective 30 days from the date of the suspension notification. The length of the suspension could be reduced at the CCT discretion if the no-show is paid along with a processing fee of $10.00.
Seat Belt Policy
CCT Bus requires all
transit drivers and passengers to wear seat belts at all times.
Minnesota State law requires that all children under age 8 or shorter
than 4' 9" must ride in child safety seats or a booster seat. CCT does have limited availability
for child safety seats on most of the buses. Adults accompanying
the child are encouraged to check to see if a child safety seat
is available. If one is not available it is the responsiblility
of the passenger to provide one.
Fare Collection Procedure
All passengers must provide a fare. This may be in the form of a CCT token, punch pass or cash. DRIVERS
NEVER CARRY CHANGE! All fares will be deposited
into the farebox. CCT personnel will
1. PASSENGERS ARE TO BE COURTEOUS, CONSIDERATE, AND RESPECT THE DRIVER, FELLOW PASSENGERS AND BUS.
2. NO FOUL LANGUAGE, FIGHTING, HARASSMENT, INTIMIDATION OR HORSEPLAY.
3. NO EATING, DRINKING, USE OF TOBACCO OR DRUGS.
4. NO WEAPONS OR GANG ACTIVITY ON THE BUS.
5. NO PORTABLE TAPE PLAYERS OR RADIOS PLAYED ON THE BUS UNLESS USING HEADPHONES.
6. RESPECT THE REQUIREMENTS OF THOSE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS.
7. EXACT AMOUNT OF CHANGE, TOKEN, OR PUNCH PASS VALUE IS REQUIRED.
8. DRIVERS DO NOT CARRY CHANGE AND WILL ACCEPT WHATEVER BILL IS GIVEN AS DONATION TO CCT. CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
9. RIDERS MUST BE READY TO BOARD THE BUS WHEN IT STOPS.
10. PASSENGERS ARE EXPECTED TO BE ABLE TO GET THEMSELVES OUT THE DOOR OF THEIR RESIDENCE, IF UNABLE, THE PASSENGER WOULD NEED TO HAVE AN ASSISTANT GET THEM READY AND OUT THE DOOR. AIDS RIDE FREE.
11. RIDER MUST STAY IN THEIR SEAT UNTIL THE BUS COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP.
12. PASSENGERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR SEAT BELTS. Minn. Statute 169.686.
13. PASSENGERS ARE TO BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS AND DRIVER WHEN WEARING ANY TYPE
OF PERFUME OR SCENTED PRODUCTS.
14. CCT ALLOWS PASSENGERS TO CARRY UP TO 4 BAGS OR PARCELS ON THE BUS, PLEASE
AVOID BLOCKING THE AISLE.
15. BIKES AND OTHER LARGE ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE BUS.
16. NO AUTOMOBILE BATTERIES, FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS, OR HAZARDOUS MATERIALS ON THE BUS.
17. OXYGEN TANKS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE BUS UNLESS THEY ARE SECURELY ATTACHED
TO A WHEELCHAIR OR WALKER.
18. ANYONE USING A SCOOTER AS A MOBILITY DEVISE, WILL BE ALLOWED TO BOARD THE BUS, BUT BE REQUESTED TO TRANSFER TO A REGULAR SEAT AS THE LAP AND SHOULDER BELTS ARE NOT ABLE TO BE USED TO KEEP THE PASSENGER FROM FALLING. THE DRIVER WILL SECURE THE SCOOTER AS ABLE.
19. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ARTICLES LEFT ON THE VEHICLE.
Please feel free to contact Tiffany
at (320) 214-7433 if you have any further questions.